Show Notes for "Improving Student Life": An Interview with Wendy Elliott
In this insightful episode, our host engages with Wendy Elliott, a passionate advocate for well-being in the educational system. They delve into the concepts of flourishing and well-being across various life stages, with a special focus on the role of schools in nurturing these aspects.
- The Flourish Project: Wendy discusses her work on the Flourish Project, emphasizing its global impact and alignment with Orah's vision.
- Well-being and Flourishing: The conversation explores the importance of well-being not just as personal happiness but as a holistic concept involving the self, others, and the natural world.
- Role of Schools: Wendy stresses the pivotal role schools play in creating conducive environments for well-being and cultivating future generations.
- Challenges in Education: The episode touches upon the current challenges faced by educational institutions and the need for a shift towards a more flourishing-centered approach.
- Personal Insights: Wendy shares personal anecdotes and reflections, adding depth to the discussion about human flourishing.
- Practical Applications: The conversation also navigates towards practical strategies for schools and educators to integrate well-being into their curriculum.
For more information on Wendy Elliott and her work, visit the Flourish Project's Official Website.
Join us in this engaging and thought-provoking episode as we explore how we can collectively work towards a future where every individual flourishes.